Database of Moves not found! PokeDB.txt file must be in the same location as this editor if ran locally. You must update the Database before continuing, or load your file from an alternate source.
If you have a database file with an alternate location or name, you can load it here:
Or, to update your Database of Moves (or create a new one), open this link to Bulbapedia.
- Once it loads, press CTRL+A to select, then CTRL+C (or Right-Click > Copy) to copy all text on that page.
- Next, select the following text area and press CTRL+V (or Right-Click > Paste) to paste all the text here:
- Finally, just press this button to read and parse the text into the Database:
Input New Pokemon
- Use Tab to jump to the next input field.
- For drop-down lists, you can start typing the name of the attack, then press TAB or ENTER.
- Hover over most fields for more info.
Special Effect Chance
Click Headers to Sort Table
(values shown are for Player or Team Rocket Battles.)
Effect of Special on Attack / Defense
Showing CP Ranges:
All changes made are temporary unless you
- The Download window will open twice so that you can verify the file was created.
- You only need to save the file once, so just cancel the second window, or use it to save a backup copy with a different name.
Save the PokeDB.txt file in the same location as this editor (if ran locally), or somewhere easy to find.
If the file alredy exists, be sure to select and overwrite it with the same file name.
Or you can save differnt file names for different lists of Pokemon, such as ones under 1500CP.txt, etc.
Tip: Click the appropriate header to select your preferred sort order before saving.
(If you've done a lot of editing, be safe and keep a backup copy of your file --
unforseen things might go wrong with my jankey coding and corrupt your Database.)
App Version: potentially always being tweaked (tinyvast.com)
But I did try to make it user-friendly, since I thought other people may find this useful too. It's actually pretty handy to check move stats by selecting them from the drop-down lists, rather than referencing different web pages.
More technical info: Basically I just read in all the text copied from the Bulbapedia page (which may contain its own errors), then parse through it to make databases of all the moves which I can then access to grab whichever stats I want to calculate. If the Bulbapedia page ever dramatically changes format, then my scripts will likely choke when trying to read the text. And of course, I focused on the PVP stats, since it's almost pointless to crunch numbers for raids and gyms....
The databases are saved to a local .txt file to make it easy to read them back into this editor. If you are running this locally by a saved copy, just be sure this "PokeTracker.html" file and the "PokeDB.txt" file are in the same location on your computer. I also use some images from Bulbapedia, so make sure the "PokeImg" folder is also in that location. Of course, that's only if you want to download a copy to use offline (in which case you will need to browse this directory to see and grab all the files). On the other hand, this should work fine from here, online, without having to download anything unless you want to save your lists of pokemon and reload them later.